Every once in a while when I’m out and about, I run into someone who says, “Hey, I follow your blog! I really liked that one post you wrote about that one thing!” Those compliments always bring a smile to my face; it’s nice to know that somebody appreciates what you do, right? But sometimes someone stops me and says, “I loved that post so much that I shared it with my sister,” or, “I follow your blog and I told my friend she should follow it, too,” or, “We printed this out and we’re giving it to our coach.” Those comments definitely warm my heart – because I know that when you SHARE something, you REALLY LOVE IT! So today, I’m paying it forward. I found something that I LOVE, and I want to share it with YOU.
A few weeks ago I ordered a couple of new t-shirts to spruce up my summer wardrobe. I’m getting old, which is evident in so many ways, one of which is that I prefer easy, comfy, and does-not-need-ironed clothes over the high fashion, high maintenance, gentle-cycle-lay-flat-to-dry clothes that I wore before I was tired all of the time. Still, I was hoping to find something at least a little bit classy or clever, something that would say, “See, I’m cute without even trying hard,” rather than, “Just shut up because parenting is hard and you’ll be a slob someday, too.”
This is when I stumbled upon Birch Bear Co and the cutest stinkin’ t-shirts EVER.
I have found online shopping to be unpredictable, and I have been burnt on Etsy before, so I ordered one t-shirt from Birch Bear Co with high hopes but lower expectations. But it turns out that this small business is just awesome. I loved my new shirt, and when I posted a picture of myself wearing the Birch Bear tee below on Easter, SO many of you wanted to know where I got it that I contacted Kayla Ernsberger, who owns and operates Birch Bear Co with her husband in Michigan, to tell her that I love her work and to ask her to team up with me to help my friends get some fun shirts, too!
Before you start shopping, let me give you six reasons why I love Kayla’s shop:
- The quality of the t-shirts is MUCH nicer than others I have ordered online. I ordered two more shirts with a discount Kayla gave me so that I could recommend the company with full confidence. They are all comfy, light, and soft, and the t-shirts are high blend premium tri-blend, which gives them a heather color and a richer look. (Just FYI – they are not fitted t-shirts, but the V-necks seem more fitted than the crew neck shirt I bought.)
- Birch Bear Co has a really large selection (over 700 products), and Kayla researches trending sayings (like the one I bought) and designs so that you can find what you want and more . . . and even more if you keep looking. It’s dangerous.
- Birch Bear Co is committed to the details, which makes your purchase feel special, like it came from a boutique. My t-shirts came neatly packaged in a small box that felt like a gift in the mail. (This reminded me of the feeling of opening a Stitch Fix box, if you have had that experience!)
- The branding at Birch Bear Co is smart and adorable. The logo itself could be a t-shirt, and Birch Bear Co shirts can be identified by the company tag added to the lower corner of each one. Again, the details.
- If you compare t-shirt prices on Etsy, Birch Bear Co is reasonable, with prices lower than some other shops with lower quality products. Also, you are supporting a small business.
- Working with Kayla has been dreamy. She loves this business, and she values her customers, and it shows. She is very responsive to customer needs.
Let me just remind you that I don’t know Kayla personally, that I found Birch Bear Co by accident, and that Birch Bear Co did not contact me. I contacted Kayla because I was excited and wanted to share her shop with YOU. Kayla shared with me that she and her husband started this business a year ago when she was looking for a creative hobby. They made their first sale in June 2016, and Birch Bear Co has been so successful that they have both quit their former professional jobs already to keep up with their shop and their two-year-old son. Birch Bear Co is ALREADY ranked 299 out of 1.7 million Etsy shops – so I am not the only one who was impressed. Wow.
Here are two shirts I purchased. I generally wear a small, but the crew neck shirt has a loose fit, so I could probably wear an XS. I like the fit of the small V-necks. (Selfies. Ugh.)
If my co-teachers, Katie and Ann, buy this one, they are in big trouble:
And there are days when I probably could wear this one:
Here are a few more of my trending favorites:
One more thing . . . Kayla is SO SWEET that she created a promo code just for my Still Chasing Fireflies friends. This code expires on May 5! Click here to go to Birch Bear Co where you can use this code to get 10% off:
Today’s a great day to have a great day – and maybe to treat yourself to something fun for summer. Please feel free to share this post and code with your friends. Thanks, again, Birch Bear Co! It’s been a pleasure!
3 thoughts on “Not Today Satan and an Invite to Birch Bear!”
How cool!! I’m going to look for a shirt right now! 😉
Did you choose one?!? It’s very difficult to choose!
Pingback: Friday Favorites: What We Loved This Christmas | Still Chasing Fireflies